Excellent Care. Every Person. Every Time.
What does excellent look like at Bendigo Health?
- Doing more than just the minimum
- Staff, volunteers and supporters who feel valued and believe their consumers are getting great care and services
- Everyone working together, committed to excellence
Every person deserves to feel they receive the very best care. We will put the patient at the centre of everything we do. That means listening, learning and partnering; accepting that 'at standard' is not enough.
Every person deserves to have a great care story.
Every person, every time.
Meeting and exceeding our consumers expectations
Bendigo Health recognises that the quality of patient, carer and family interactions are vital to ensure we deliver the best care. We are committed to continually improving the quality and safety of our healthcare services. We know we need to listen and use feedback.
Building the best workforce
To meet future demand for the delivery of more complex health services, we need to organise our workforce accordingly. We need to attract the right skills and build on the capacity of the entire workforce. Our community values our role in not only delivering their health care, but supporting their needs with education and awareness. Bendigo Health will continue to invest in our people and work to attract the very best to our region.
Partnering with our region
Partnerships and providing leadership across the region is a priority, and we will work to identify and capitalise on opportunities to collaborate and coordinate our services. This will assist our community to address its health and wellbeing challenges and increase the breadth and depth of services on offer in the region.
Our Strategic Goals
- Improving how we engage with our consumers to access the information they need to make better health choices
- Responding to the needs of our community to deliver appropriate care and services
- Providing care and services when and where they are needed
- Building our leadership role in delivering care and services in partnership with our region's health services
- Using the consumer and carer experience to improve our care and services
- Delivering safe and effective care and services
- Providing a positive work environment for staff, volunteers and supporters to feel valued, safe and supported to work together in delivering excellent care and services
We care for our community
We care for each other. We are respectful of each other and value our differences. We are considerate and show each other that we care. We are proud of each other, the role that we play in the community and the caring tradition that we are part of. We make sure that we have the skills to do our work and we help each other to be our best. We know that we do our best when we work collaboratively with our community. We are patient with each other because we know that change takes dedication and time.
We are passionate about doing our best
We love what we do. That drives us to look for the best ways to support, inform and improve the things we do. We are
focused and resourceful. We find innovative and efficient solutions to challenges and opportunities. We inspire others with our enthusiasm. We are dedicated to helping others and giving the best help in any situation. We connect the different parts of our community to the information and services that they need.
We are open, honest and respectful
We follow through on our promises with care and accuracy. We can be relied upon and trusted. We do the right thing. We work as a team. We listen to our community. We explain clearly why we have made our decisions. We make sure that it is safe for everyone at work to speak openly and try things differently. If mistakes are made, we know that we will be supported to take responsibility and look for a solution.
Strategic Plan - 2018-2021